Sailaway is a luxury ‘Lagoon’ sailing catamaran, an Advanced Eco Tourism Operator & Climate Action Leader. The National Sustainability Winner innovates an exciting New Eco Tourism, Full Day Outer Reef Sailing Adventure from Cape Tribulation. The adventure begins with Sailaway’s exclusive moorings in the spectacular Cape Tribulation Bay. Guests will board safely from the beach by landing craft, where the World Heritage Rainforest joins the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef. Guests can sit back and relax on the beautiful yacht and set sail to the Coral Cays of Mackay or Undine Reefs. They will enjoy an authentic sailing experience, just 10nm off the coast.
Nature activities will include snorkelling over the pristine coral reef with a qualified marine biologist offering reef interpretation and a guided glass bottom boat tour. Premium reef sites showcase abundant marine life, including encounters with turtles and an amazing display of giant clam gardens. Exploring the white sands of the coral cays will relax the mind. Soak up the sun, peace and tranquility and swim in turquoise clear waters.
A tropical buffet lunch, morning and afternoon teas & coffees, supplied by local plantations, will complement a day of adventure and relaxation. Expert guiding and 1st class service are all included from helpful, friendly crew. After a day on the outer reef enjoy pure sailing back to Cape Trib taking in spectacular coastal mountain views, adding to the memorable experience of visiting the Daintree Rainforest and having the opportunity of staying a night or more in this iconic destination. Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect sailing and snorkelling adventure for a conservation minded visitor. Discerning guests can fully enjoy an inspiring full day adventure using wind power to the absolutely stunning cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most environmentally way!
Cruise and Snorkelling Fare CODE: SACT
Check in: 8.30am at Kulki Daintree National Park Car Park (free all day parking).
Boarding: 8.45am / Departs Cape Trib Beach: 9.00am / Returns Cape Trib Beach: 4.00pm
- Morning tea & coffee upon boarding with muffins and pastries (Using local produce Daintree Tea and Jaques Coffee)
- Afternoon tea and coffee, additional cut fresh fruit platter
- Superb tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment, optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits, wet suits & flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
- Explore the pristine coral cay
- 4.5 hours at unspoilt location on the Outer Barrier Reef
- The experience of sailing on board the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway IV
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $10 to local re-forestation
- Environment Management Charge of $6.50 per person, payable online at time of booking.
- Self Drive – Free parking in the Kulki Daintree National Park Car Park
- Numerous Local transfers available by Operators. Contact us for details
- A strict 24-hour cancellation policy applies. No refund applicable if cancelled within 24 hours of travel.
- Sailaway Reef & Island Tours, Shop 18 Reef Marina, Port Douglas QLD 4877
PH: 07 4099 4200
These optional activities must be pre-booked with the Sailaway office to secure availability.
Stand-up Paddle Boards. Daily hire $70. Instruction provided
Stand Up Paddle Boards – Add to your days adventure by hiring one of our Stand Up Paddle Boards. Glide quietly over the coral and clams gardens and see rays, turtles, sharks, shoals of fish and a variety of marine life. Weather permitting, paddle over the pristine white beaches of Mackay or Undine Cay and enjoy the crystal clear water and spectacular mountain views. Soak up the peace and tranquility of having the freedom to explore this magical marine playground at your leisure. We use NSP inflatable boards, with paddle and instruction from our experienced crew.
Underwater Camera Hire – $55 per day
Underwater Camera Hire – Take home fantastic memories of your Great Barrier Reef experience by hiring an Underwater Camera. We have LUMIX Underwater Camera’s available for hire, including an SD card which you take with you. Our experienced crew will show you how to use the camera and tips for taking excellent underwater images!
Vessel departs Cape Trib Beach at 9.00am, returns at 4.00pm
8.30am Meet at Kulki Daintree National Park Car Park
8.45am Board Custom Craft – transfer to vessel.
Tea & Coffee with Muffins and cakes on arrival.
Welcome & Safety briefing.
9.00am Depart Cape Trib. Set sail.
Sailing to Mackay Cay Outer Barrier Reef
10.15am Arrive at protected mooring at Mackay Cay
Snorkel safety briefing, distribution of snorkel equipment
10.30am Nature Activities commence:
– Swim and Snorkel over the coral gardens
– Guided Snorkel Tour by Marine Naturalist
12.30pm Serve Tropical Buffet Lunch on board
1.30pm Nature Activities resume
– Glass Bottom Boat Tour & Reef Interpretation
– Continue free time snorkelling
– Transfer to the coral cay for exploring
– Relax and swim off beach
2.30pm Afternoon Tea & Coffee, cakes and fresh fruit platter
2.45pm Depart Mackay Cay. Set sail to Cape Trib
4.00pm Arrive Cape Trib Beach
Board Custom Craft for transfer to beach.
- Beach towel
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site.
- BYO Alcoholic Beverages
- Cash for soft drinks/juices
- Under-water Camera’s available for hire $55
Sailaway Cape Trib does not provide coach transfers from local accommodation to the Cape Tribulation Cark Park. If you do not have a Hire Car, you can arrange a coach transfer through these local operators. Please contact them directly to arrange your coach transfer. Payment will be made directly to the coach operator. Please advise the Sailaway Booking Office if a transfer has been arranged.
Check-in is at Kulki Daintree National Park Car Park at 8.30am to meet with Sailaway Crew
Boarding is on the Cape Tribulation Beach at 8.45am
Vessel departs at 9.00am
Vessel returns at 4.00pm
LOCAL COACH OPERATORS:
Return coach transfers or one way transfers available from Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation.
Departs Port Douglas at 8.30am – Arriving Cape Trib at 10.30am
Departs Cape Tribulation at 4.30pm – Returns 6.30pm
Stay overnight at one of the fantastic Accommodation options and travel on Sailaway on day 2.
Sailaway has successfully set the highest level of nature experiences on the Great Barrier Reef.
Sailaway holds Advanced Eco Tourism Accreditation and is a Climate Action Leader:
Ecotourism is ecologically sustainable tourism with a primary focus on experiencing natural areas that forests environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation.
Eco Tourism is an opportunity to increase awareness and appreciation of our natural environment, which we all have a responsibility to do sustainably, there is no better place to experience this than from Cape Tribulation
Sailaway recently won the National Sustainability Award for Best Practices.
- Sailaway Cape Tribulation is operating in the remote location of the Daintree National Park. The vessel is moored in the lagoon at Cape Tribulation beach. There is no marina facilities and boarding will be via our custom built Beach Landing craft.
- It is highly recommended that bookings are made at least 48 hours prior to travel date to be able to efficiently organise catering and crew.
- Bookings will be made through Sailaway Reef & Island Tours, located in the Reef Marina Port Douglas. Contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org PH: +61 7 4099 4200 or contact your Accommodation Tour Desk or preferred booking agent.
- There is no mobile phone service in the Cape Tribulation region. We ask you to re-confirm your booking the day before travel, by calling our office on PH: +61 7 4099 4200 or via email email@example.com
- Sailaway Cape Trib does not have credit card facilities on board. All optional extras such as Stand Up Paddle Board Hire or Underwater Camera Hire, or additional drinks will need to be paid in CASH (AUS $)